Beach weddings are romantic with an inherently laid-back vibe that calls for an easy and breezy, undone look. If you’re planning to get married in the sand, check out these casual bridal hairstyles that are perfect for your big day.
Soft, natural-looking waves are the perfect match for an oceanside wedding. And, the classic wind-swept look is easy to style, making it a great option especially if you’re looking to skip the stylist and do your own hair.
Here’s how to get the look:
- Pull the top two-thirds of your hair up and out of the way and secure with a clip.
- Leave the bottom portion of your hair down and spritz with a heat protectant spray.
- Wrap sections of hair around a 1- or 2-inch curling wand, leaving the ends straight. Be sure to twist your hair as you wrap it for a more casual look when you unravel your strands.
- After releasing the curl from the wand, grab the end of the strand and give it a tug to loosen the curl.
- Work your way over your entire head. Be sure to switch up the size of the sections and alternate curling towards your face and away from your face for a more natural, laid back look.
- Curl the front section last and wrap away from your face for the most flattering wave.
- Lock in the look by spraying your hair with texturizing or volumizing spray, then tousle your waves with your fingers. Try our shaping spray for humidity resistant volume with the added bonus of UV protection.
To sweeten the look for your special day, add an embellishment like a delicate headband, flower crown or sea-inspired hair accessory.
Half-up, half-down hairstyles offer the best of both worlds and are a popular and practical choice. This style is a great option for beach brides to keep the hair off your face while still rocking a romantic undone look. The variations are practically endless and look gorgeous with or without flowers or other adornments. Here are a couple of options for you to consider.
Pull the top half of your hair straight back so everyone can see your beautiful smile. For added volume, tease the hair at your crown. Then, gather the top half of your hair (from about your ears up) and secure it at the back of your head with a hair tie or pretty barrette. Spray the top section with finishing spray to seal the deal and prevent frizz. To soften the look, gently pull down a few face-framing tendrils.
This simple yet gorgeous look is great for showing off highlights in your hair. Begin with a middle part. Gather the hair on each side and twist up and away from your face. Secure behind each ear with a pin. For a slight variation, try braiding from your part to your temple before twisting the strand towards the back of your head.
Beat the heat and keep your cool with a beautiful, easygoing beach-proof updo. Experiment with location to see where you like it the best – up high, down low or on the side. For a softer more relaxed look, leave some bangs down or pull out wisps near the top and at the temples. These styles look amazing whether you decide to keep it simple or adorn with a headpiece or other accessory.
The super simple, messy bun shown above truly is effortlessly gorgeous. To get the look, add body at the crown with a little volumizing spray, then gather your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck and pull it through a hair tie. Twist the tie and pull your hair through a second time, but only bring half the ponytail through to form the bun. If some strands fall, leave them loose to enhance the messy look.
To get this pretty pony, brush your hair straight back from your face, gather in a ponytail and secure with a hair tie. Then, separate your hair into two pieces and create an opening before the hair tie and pull the ponytail through. To complete the look, wrap a strand of hair around the base of the ponytail and pin in place.
No matter which hairstyle you choose, you’re sure to be a stunning bride. It may be your big day, but don’t forget the guys! Check out these five wedding-worthy styles for men. Congratulations and enjoy the day of your dreams!
Need help finding the perfect hairstyle for your big day? Head to your local Fantastic Sams Cut & Color - a full-service, "no-appointment-needed," hair salon with over 900 convenient locations. Find a Fantastic Sams Cut and Color Hair Salon near you. Real. Fantastic.