It’s November already - the holidays will be here before you know it! That means family get-togethers, holiday parties and other special seasonal events are just around the corner. To get you in the holiday spirit, we’ve gathered a few of our favorite party hairstyles.
If you're the type who prefers to keep your hair out of your face, the ballerina bun is a great option. Plus, it’s versatile enough to be dressed up or down to coordinate with any look.
This updo may look complicated, but it’s actually quick and easy to style.
- Brush hair thoroughly to remove any knots or tangles.
- Lightly mist hair with water to nix frizz and fly-aways.
- Gather hair into a high ponytail and smooth back neatly with a brush.
- Secure tightly with an elastic hair tie.
- Without twisting the hair, wrap it in a spiral around the base of your ponytail. Place one hand on top of the bun as you wrap to keep it flat.
- Tuck the ends neatly under the spiral and secure with bobby pins or u-shaped hairpins.
- Set the look with hairspray and smooth strands with your fingers.
Sleek Low Ponytail
This chic do is the perfect compliment to any outfit from jeans and a cozy sweater to a formal evening gown. The glossy, gorgeous low ponytail is such a cinch to style, you’ll be holiday party ready in no time.
- Apply a heat-protectant to your hair to prevent damage from hot tools.
- Smooth hair with a flat iron from roots to ends.
- Using a boar bristle brush, shape and smooth hair into a ponytail at the nape of your neck.
- Wrap with an elastic.
- Cover the elastic with a strand of hair from underneath the ponytail and secure with a bobby pin. Or, up the holiday flair with a festive ribbon or hair tie.
- Spritz with finishing spray to lock in the look.
Sometimes the holidays call for understated glamour. The key to subtle, barely-there waves is to begin about halfway down the length of your hair, around ear level. You can’t go wrong with a 1 inch curling iron, but if you have medium to long hair and want bigger waves use one with a 1¼ barrel.
- Apply a style prep to boost shine and softness and protect hair from damage caused by heat styling.
- Grab about a 1 inch section of hair and wrap it around your curling iron vertically.
- Hold for no more than 10 seconds then slide the curling iron down the length of your hair. Leave the ends out for a more undone look.
- Gently run your fingers through your hair to separate the waves.
- Mist all over with hairspray to help set the style. For added volume, apply a little dry shampoo instead, concentrating on the roots.
Let your hair speak for itself and opt for the natural look to pair with your party dress. If you’re already stressed about holiday prep and just can’t wait for that party, embrace your signature style and worry no more.
For naturally curly hair, a Curl Defining Crème can help help define your curls and add shine to your style. Simply apply to damp hair and dry with a diffuser attachment.
With straight hair, a little hairspray can go a long way. To keep your straight hair looking glam for the evening’s festivities, brush or comb hair through and lightly mist with a hairspray like our Shaping Spray. Once the spray has dried, brush the ends of the hair again for a softer look.
If your straight hair is prone to frizz, start with a product like Smoothing Mousse on damp hair before blow drying for a smooth, sleek finish.
Make your hairstyle as magical as the holidays by topping it off with a pretty hair accessory. Regardless of the style you choose, your hair length or texture, you’re sure to find the perfect party-worthy embellishment.
Think sparkly headbands, rhinestone or jewel-toned barrettes, metallic hair pins and cuffs for securing updos or a plush velvet ribbon or bow. There are tons of options to suit your style and glam up your look.
Show us your holiday looks on social @fantasticsams. We’re excited to see what you come up with!
Fantastic Sams Cut & Color is a full-service, "no-appointment-needed," hair salon with over 900 convenient locations. Find a Fantastic Sams Cut and Color Hair Salon near you. Real. Fantastic.